FUNCTION HALL RENTAL
Available for rental for private and public functions.
The Function Hall features a laid back, historical atmosphere. The Hall can accommodate up to 170 guests. It is a great place to have your function because of its unique location and history.
A short drive or train ride northeast of Boston, Gloucester, MA is the home to America’s oldest seaport and the oldest working art colony in North America. Gloucester’s rugged and beautiful coastline has drawn fishermen, families, artists and visitors for four hundred years.
The Legion Memorial Building is ideally located in the West End of the downtown historic district. A quick two minute walk brings you to Gloucester’s Stacey Boulevard and its famous Fisherman’s Memorial and its award winning flower gardens.
St. Peter’s Square and Gloucester’s Harbor Walk is half a block away. Or walk out our back door onto Main St. and enjoy the many restaurants, shopping, and art galleries downtown.
The Cape Ann Museum is just a short five minute walk. The Museum’s collections, displayed in an intimate and inviting setting, celebrate the rich story of Cape Ann’s evolving artistic and cultural history.
St. John’s Episcopal Church. Founded in 1863, it features a set of incredible stained glass windows and an impressive organ. What could be better than to have your guests arrive at your wedding at this romantic church and afterward be able to walk to your reception in the historic Legion Memorial Hall?
The Hall is a perfect location to have a destination wedding. Located just a few yards down the street is the beautiful and welcoming Saint John’s Episcopal Church. Founded in 1863, it features a set of incredible stained glass windows and an impressive organ. What could be better than to have your guests arrive at your wedding at this romantic church and afterward be able to walk to your reception in the historic Legion Memorial Hall?
St John’s 978-281-1708
The Legion Memorial Building is located at 8 Washington, St.
It has a long distinguished history and resides in the shadow of the Joan of Arc statute and welcomes every visitor to our fair city.
The Function Room manager Ms. Aaron Stewart has a wealth of knowledge about local businesses and caterers if you need help with your function.
RENTAL FEE SCHEDULE
Basic kitchen rental ($75.00) is for the purpose of food preparation (non-cooking), warming and chilling ONLY! It does not include cooking, or the use of any kitchen equipment or material. Such use also applies to a catering service. All use may be under the supervision of a Legion cook. Actual cooking will be performed by a duly licensed Legion cook at the rate of $50.00/hr. This policy is mandated by the legal liability attendant with the overall operation and use of the kitchen facility.
If there is a requirement for the set up for the function to take place the day before the scheduled event there will be an additional charge of $100.00 as that impacts upon the ability to rent the hall to another function.
*A refundable security deposit of $250.00 is required. The security deposit will be returned within forty-eight hours of the end of the event subject to the compliance with the ts in both the Instructions and Resfiictions os well as the Instructions and Restrictianfar the Use of the Arnerican Legion Liquor License.
INSTRUCTIONS AI\D RESTRICTIONS
1. The function hall can be rented by anyone. However, the use of the Post’s liquor license is restricted to events sponsored by members. (See restrictions in the downloadable rental package at the bottom of this page.)
2. The balcony overlooking Legion Square is closed and off-limits per order of the City.
3. Hall rental cannot exceed four (a) hours, unless prior arrangements have been made.
4. The licensed capacity of the hall is 171. Maximum tale seating capaclty with dance floor use is 150.
5. Table and chair set-up and arrangement is to be by the renter.
6. All paper goods and plastic ware is to be furnished by the renter.
7. Kitchen rental is separate from hall rental. The kitchen, when rented, can only be used for heat and serve purposes unless an American Legion furnished cook is present. Food and other items are to be removed by l0 A.M. of the following day unless other arrangements have been made.
8. Decorations are to be acquired and put up by the renter. Decorations will not be attached to any portion of the ceiling fan system, paintings hung on the walls or the spot lights. Use of confetti is prohibited. Decorations are to be taken down by 10 A.M. the following day unless other arrangements have been made.
9. All items, material, food, decorations, etc., left in the hall after 10 A.M. of the following day will become the properly of the American Legion and will be disposed of at their discretion, unless other arrangements have been made.
10. After function clean-up of both the hall and kitchen will be acconrplished by the American Legion.
11. Alcoholic beverages obtained by raffle during a function will not be opened in the hall.
12. Rental date is NOT confirmed until full fee is paid in advance.
13. Music volume will have to be kept at a reasonable level, especially when windows and doors are open.
14. All parking restrictions surrounding the American Legion Building must be observed by all attending. Violators will be tagged and towed. The St. John’s Episcopal Church parking lot is available for parking by function attendees if the church has no function going on at the same tirne.
15. The introduction of alcohol or soft drinks into the hall from any outside source is prohibited unless prior approval of the Bar Manager has been received.
16. If the Renter fails to comply with the terms and conditions of paragraphs # 8 and 9, then the cost incurred by the Legion to perform same will be deducted from tlre security deposit in the amount of $150.00.